Monday, July 28, 2008

Sorry I've been gone so long!

Hi everyone! Do you still remember me? ^^; I know, I know, it's been absolutely ages since I last wrote and I never even finished introducing everyone!!

School finished up for the summer, and the manager of the bakery I work at left me in charge for the summer! o.o She went off to France and Japan to further perfect her baking skills. I think she has some relatives over there she is visiting as well. It's been very stressful running the bakery in her absense because this is the first time I have ever tried to handle running the business side of things there. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think Manager-san is a little flakey. I've had my work cut out for me to figure out what is going on! And she is so hard to get ahold of! I get a random email from her every great once in a while informing me of what she is up to, and perhaps - if I am lucky - answering a question or two. So I found out that she thinks she has perfected her macaron technique (which is, actually, quite exciting! Yum!), but she didn't manage to tell me where we usually buy our candied apricots from. That sort of thing. I think I may actually have made some improvements while she was gone, to be honest!

But don't get me wrong, Manager-san is actually a wonderful woman and I'm really greatful for this opportunity - it's been great experience and (let's be honest) I could really use the money! ^^;

Smilla has been helping out too - she's filling in for some of the cooking that Greta usually does. Smilla is actually a wonderful cook, I think she could easily do this professionally! We have decided to have a special event coming up before Greta comes back. Watch for it! It will be fun!

There's also been a lot of activity back at the house. Yuiko's sister has arrived! We were all very surprised. Yuiko keeps to herself so much, we had no idea she was coming! But it's lovely to have her here, Yuiko seems so much happier. And Falada has filled me in on a lot of the details of our mysterious roommate's life. She's had a terribly tough time, it's no wonder she has always seemed a bit sad. Rather than tell you the story myself, however, Falada has agreed to write it here for you all. If it were just a story, I feel like I wouldn't even want Falada to read it, but since it is her life, I guess it is only fair to let her tell it if she wants to...

We also had a very strange girl move in next door to us. Yuiko seems to know her as well, although she says she doesn't *really* know her. I guess they travelled to the US together, but when they arrived, Angharad - that's her name - promptly disappeared, only to suddenly reappear next door! I honestly don't know what to make of her. She has green hair and cat ears! She also claims to be a pirate. o.O But even still, she's very friendly and bubbly and kind of fun to be around. I hope to get to know more about her soon!

No comments: