Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A little vacation time


Waving Good-bye
Originally uploaded by esmereldes
Hi everyone! I know it has been ages once again, but it is just so hard to find time to blog when I am so very busy! My job at the cake shop has just been taking up all my time and energy lately, but Greta has just come back from her trip overseas, and I'm going to go back to part-time at the shop. Which is good! Classes are starting up again! (So maybe I won't be any less busy, but I am hoping so!)

I did get to have some fun on my summer vacation tho - I went with Yuiko and Falada on a little trip to DC, Virginia and NYC. We took the train, so it was easy to make a couple of stops. That first picture is of me waving good-bye to everyone at the station. Falada used to own a horse, but she had to give it away to her friend when she went away to boarding school. She's been pretty sad about it, but I think Yuiko is hoping she can find somewhere for her sister to ride here in the States. It turns out that Falada's old riding instructor ended up moving to the States too (unfortunately not to Boston tho) just recently, and he invited Falada to come and visit. He also let Falada ride one of his horses in the horse show he was participating in while we were down there.

Falada was thrilled, but she looks really nervous in this photo because it is just before she was due to go in the ring...

Almost Time!

Falada did really well! She got a second place! :)

Yuiko, of course, went down with her sister as a chaperone. I just tagged along to do some sighseeing. Here's a photo of me at the botanical gardens in DC:

Atsuko Again

It was a short trip, so I didn't have time to see a lot of sights, but it was sure nice to be away from work for a while! After all of that, we stopped in NYC for some shopping on our way back. Here's me in Times Square:

365 Toy Project: A Pullip in Times Square

It was so crowded! But it was really fun! We bought lots of cool stuff. I can't wait to go again! I better not go too often tho, or I'll just burn through all the money I make at the cake shop that way... ^^;

Anyway, if you'd like to see more of our trip, you can look here!

I hope I can post a blog entry again soon, but I think I may be busy for the next week or two helping Greta prepare for some big sale event she has planned for her return to the cake shop. She won't tell me what it is, she just keeps laughing every time I mention it. To tell you the truth, I'm more than a little scared! ^^;;

No comments: