Thursday, April 10, 2008

Introducing everyone else!

I suppose now that I have introduced myself, I should introduce some of my friends and family. It would be nice if I could show you a big group photo of us all, but everyone's been so busy, it's been a while since we were all able to get together in one big group. This is the best I could do. We aren't all in it. (I'm not in it because, of course, I am taking the photo...)
Pullip Picnic
That's Wulf and Leda standing in the back, and then - from left to right - Lyyli, Smilla and Enna. Lyyli has changed her hair since this tho, she'd probably kill me for posting this if she saw... ;)
Maybe I can talk Smilla and Enna into throwing a party with me soon... Smilla loves to cook, and Enna is a great hostess. Enna and Smilla are my roommates, by the way. We just had a new girl, named Yuiko, move in also, so now there's 4 of us. Yuiko's arrival would be a great excuse for a party, but I'm afraid she might be overwhelmed by the attention, poor girl. She's not exactly shy, but she really seems to keep to herself. I don't feel like I know her very well yet, even tho we went to the anime convention together a couple of weeks ago... I'll save her introduction for last, maybe by then I'll know more about her. I'll tell you all about Smilla and Enna tomorrow, I think I'll just stick with the general introductions for now!

Smilla was the first of us to arrive in Boston. She's going to school here. Her... mentor? friend? relative? You know, I'm not quite sure of their exact relationship. It's difficult to be *sure* of anything where Smilla is involved. She's not mysterious, but... She's both completely honest and innocent and totally capable of dodging any question that might give you any real info. I don't know how she does it! Anyway, the person I was trying to talk about is Leda. Leda IS kind of mysterious, but in a totally different kinda way. She likes to stir up trouble and you never know quite what to expect from her. She's the oldest of all of us, but certainly doesn't always act it! Still, she's actually quite nice, and she's dedicated to Smilla. Leda is a biologist, and she is supposedly here on a teaching fellowship, but I get the definite impression that she really came here just to keep an eye on Smilla. They are very close, and it's actually rather cute.

Leda lives in a big house outside of Boston with a lot of property. She has this big dog that looks like a wolf that she keeps there. I think it may actually BE a wolf, tho I don't know how she got it through customs then. She brought him with her from overseas. The wolf may belong to Leda, but he acts like he belongs to Smilla. But I guess that is not surprising. Smilla says they grew up together, more or less. Leda rents part of her house out to two other women, Lyyli and Talia. I think she knew Lyyli already, and Talia just moved in recently. Lyyli is older than Smilla and Enna and I. Probably in her late 20s? Even tho she's so much older than me tho, we get
along really well.

Talia is a student like us, but she's in grad school. She's also in a band, tho I think they are sort of broken up so she could come to school. She used to live in NY and seems to know a lot of people... When she got here, she was really happy to find that this other couple, Tam and Janet, lived nearby now. They're from Scotland. We know Tam and Janet because of Wulf. Wulf is also from Smilla's hometown, and he and Smilla are very close. I think he wants to be more than friends with Smilla, but he's so shy. And Smilla is... difficult... XD There's been some progress there, I think, but nothing definitive yet. Still, we all treat them like a couple, because we know they will be eventually! I'm not sure how they all met, but Tam and Janet seem to have adopted Wulf and are always trying to give him advice. Tam is a musician too, but not like Talia. He seems to be good at every instrument, but he favors the violin. He also seems to like tradional folk music best, rather than the rock music Talia is into. Still they love to talk about music together. You might think this would make Janet a bit jealous, but honestly, Tam is ridiculously devoted to Janet, so I think she knows not to worry. They're a really hysterical couple. Janet is stubborn and borders on rude. She's kind of bossy. But you know she means well, so it's hard to take offense. Tam is polite almost to the point of absurdity, and never says something in 5 words when he can say it in 50. It's always entertaining to have them around!

Well, that's a lot of introduction. I don't always write this much, I promise!

3 comments:

dementedchris said...

Midori wants me to tell you how much she enjoyed reading your blog. It's nice to get acquainted with everyone!

(And on a side note: I think you just made me love Tam a little bit more!)

Anonymous said...

Please tell Midori-san thank you for reading! I just realized my introduction left someone out, so I will be updating soon! I meant to do so yesterday, but too much homework... >.<
I found Midori's blog, there's something about her that looks familiar to me. I will have to show her picture to everyone and see if they recognize her...

I'm sorry for your crush on Tam, btw. I hope it is not too serious, since he is hopelessly off the market! We really need more boys around here... *sigh*

dementedchris said...

Yeah... Midori *does* remind me of a certain someone... XP

(Tam... *sigh* But of course I'm happy that he has Janet! ^_^)