Monday, April 14, 2008

Mimi-chan

Silly me! I realize when I was introducing everyone before, I completely forgot about Mimi-chan. I could say that's because she is one of the newest arrivals here, but the truth is, I just plain forgot! Which is sort of funny, because trust me, Mimi-chan is not at all forgettable normally.

Mimi is the youngest member of our little group. She's only 13. Her full
name is Aramina. And, I know, you'd think her nickname would be MiNA, rather tham Mimi, but this is what her family calls her, and so we've all picked it up. Mimi is sort of a runaway, but her parents know she is here now, so I guess she's not exactly a runaway after all. What happened is that she was sent away to NY to go to this really snobby boarding school. Her parents wanted her to learn manners and suchlike and Mimi wasn't very excited about this, to say the least! So first chance she got, she snuck out and ran off. She's from a more rural area originally though, and I'm not sure she really realized that running away in NY wasn't the same thing.

See, Mimi-chan is a princess. (that might sound surprising, but she's not the only one here that is. In fact, more of us seem to be royalty than not. But I'll get to that later. I'm actually not royalty myself, so sometimes I guess it does surprise me that I am around so many people that are, but other times I just forget. No one here is snobby or anything, so it doesn't always seem important...) So anyway, Mimi used to run away from her castle all the time, but it didn't really count, because everyone knew her and there was no danger anywhere near the castle thanks to her father's guards. Or, rather I should say there was no danger the way there is in NY. There's always things to beware of no matter where you are! So Mimi didn't really know what to be watching out for in NY, even tho she thought she did. But even if she'd thought things through, she probably still would've run away,
she's stubborn and quite tempermental. She just might've had a better plan if she'd thought more...

As it was, she was lucky. Practically as soon as she got away from her
school, she saw a flyer for Talia's band. Talia had already moved here, but was still playing a last few farewell shows back in NY. Mimi had heard of Talia from her sort-of-boyfriend (more on that later) and wanted to check out what this Talia person was like. (Mimi's guy is named Philip. He's a big fan of Talia's music somehow, and I think Mimi was jealous, tho she won't admit it! XD) Of course, Mimi is way too young to get into a bar, so she was trying to sneak in and Talia found out about it. There aren't so many kids that try to sneak into shows in NY, esp. not ones dressed the way Mimi was, so Talia was wondering what was up. She let her into the show on the condition that she stick around later to talk. When Talia found out what had happened, she insisted that Mimi come stay with her for a while. I
think Mimi was a little overwhelmed by Talia, and even if she started out jealous, she ended up impressed! XD So she agreed. Once she got Mimi-chan back home, she was shocked to find out that little Mimi was a cousin of Janet's!! Well, at that point, there was no hope but to call Mimi's parents. They were upset, but agreed to let Mimi stay with Talia on the conditions that she never run away again, and that she take lessons in deportment from Janet. Janet's parents figured that another member of quasi-royalty (Janet is not royalty, precisely, but she's from a highborn family. One of those "lords and ladies" type, tho I'm not sure exactly what her rank is officially) would be able to straighten her out as well as a school, esp. if Mimi were more inclined to cooperate. Of course, what Mimi's parents didn't realize is that Janet is not exactly a model of decorum herself. Their "lessons" are actually pretty comical to behold!! Fortunately for Mimi's parents, Enna and Smilla are here to give lessons on how to be proper ladies. And Talia and Leda are probably good role models too. Maybe some of it will rub off on me too, ne? ;)

1 comment:

dementedchris said...

I want to see what those lessons look like! Sounds like... fun! XP